Energy Conscious Blueprint
Important Information about our Southern Connecticut Gas Company (SCG) commercial and industrial natural gas energy efficiency programs:
Incentives and rebates for natural gas heating, domestic hot water, process and food service equipment are fully subscribed for 2021. All equipment purchased from now through 12/31/2021 will not be eligible for incentive or rebate through the SCG Conservation & Load Management programs.
If you are an SCG commercial, industrial, municipal, institutional or agricultural customer interested in our programs, we expect to resume funding for eligible customers on 01/01/2022. Please reach out to your program manager who will be happy to add you to our wait list for 2022.
Thank you for your interest!
New Construction - Major Renovation - New / Replacement Equipment
This program is one of several innovative solutions offered by the Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund, an Energize CT partner, and Connecticut’s regulated natural gas and electric utilities. The program is administered by Connecticut's utility companies.
Plan on Saving
Energy-efficiency measures are most effective when factored into the earliest phase of development – at the planning stage. The best time to be energy conscious is before the building goes up, the addition is added, or the equipment is purchased. By designing for efficiency, you can realize energy savings from the moment your facility is operational. In the past, businesses had to make difficult decisions – letting the budget dictate the level of technology or building advances used. The result was a lost opportunity. Now, with Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund support and its partnership with Connecticut’s regulated natural gas utilities, you have the financial assistance to enable you to determine your energy future and make decisions based on advanced technology and smart building practices.
Review the 2020 Project Caps & Incentives (PDF) for what is currently covered.
- Commercial, industrial, or municipal customers of any size engaged in new construction, major renovations, tenant fit-outs, new equipment purchases or the replacement of existing equipment near the end of its useful lifetime.
- SCG, CNG or Eversource, customers purchasing natural gas on a firm commercial or industrial rate are eligible to participate in natural gas energy-saving measures.
- Eversource or UI customers are eligible to participate in electric energy-efficiency measures.
How Does the Program Work?
Utility company energy experts will work with your design team (architects, engineers and contractors) to identify energy-saving equipment and tactics for your consideration. You maintain complete control over your project.
- The program uses an incentive strategy. When there is a choice between standard-efficiency equipment or building components, or a high-efficiency option that exceeds minimum building code requirements, the option is evaluated and a cash incentive is proposed to offset the higher costs typically associated with premium-efficiency products. For qualifying projects, these financial incentives can cover up to 100 percent of the incremental cost.
- The program administrators will provide the general and technical support necessary, as determined by the size and complexity of the project, to prepare a Letter of Agreement (LOA), an up-front, monetary commitment which gets signed prior to you ordering your equipment.
- The LOA will detail all the agreed upon energy-efficiency measures, the predicted energy savings, and the anticipated incentive dollar amount. At the end of the project, the measures are verified and your organization receives the incentive check. It’s as simple as that.
The financial incentives will help get your project completed the right way. The energy-saving benefits will continue on, month after month.
Sample Natural Gas and Electric Efficiency Equipment and Building Components.
- Natural gas furnaces, boilers and unit heaters
- Natural gas radiant heaters
- Steam traps
- Boiler reset controls
- Rooftop or split-system AC equipment
- Variable frequency drives (fans/pumps)
- Differential enthalpy economizer controls
- CO2 controls
- Programmable thermostats
Energy-Efficient Water Heaters
- Natural gas indirect water heaters
- Natural gas on-demand tankless water heaters
- Lighting design
- T5, T8, and “super T8” fluorescent fixtures
- High performance, hard-wired compact fluorescent fixtures
- Pulse-start metal halide fixtures
- Daylight controls
- Automatic dimming/occupancy sensors
- Premium motors and variable-speed drives
- Energy-Efficient Building Envelopes
- Ammonia refrigeration systems
- Mechanical subcoolers
- Evaporator controls
- Oversized condensers
- High-speed cooler/freezer doors
- Plastic injection molding machines
- Air compressors
- Commercial kitchen cooking equipment including exhaust hoods, ranges and ovens
- Natural gas-fired process ovens
For more information call 877.WISE.USE (877.947.3873).