Home Energy Solutions
Make Your Home Energy-Smart. Start with an Energy Assessment (Audit) and On-the-Spot Services.
No matter how you heat your home, or whether you’re buying a home or updating where you live now, we can show you how a smart energy home makes life better. Energy professionals will make improvements that lower your energy bills for immediate and long term-savings.
But a smart energy home is about more than just “energy.” It’s comfort. Convenience. The health of your family. And, how your home works efficiently and more economically. A home you value more.
Not Just a Smarter Home. A Better Home.
Do you ever wonder how much energy you lose through leaky doors, windows and ductwork? Do you suspect that your insulation isn’t making the grade? What about your major appliances? Wouldn’t it be great if you could have an expert give your home an energy checkup - and do some of the work right then and there? You can.
In one easy visit, utility-approved technicians will evaluate your home’s energy performance and install basic weatherization and energy-saving measures such as sealing air leaks and installing energy-efficient lighting, faucet aerators and low-flow showerheads. The average home in Connecticut receives about $1,000 in services and realizes $200-$250 in savings on their annual energy bills. Additionally, the technicians will provide written recommendations for deeper energy-saving measures such as Wi-Fi thermostats, insulation, high-efficiency heating and cooling, water heating, windows and appliances. To help you in making smart energy choices, your recommendations will include information on rebates and financing along with payback and investment information specific to your home.
The fee* for all of this is just $149 if you heat your home with natural gas or electricity or $174 if you heat your home with oil, propane or any other fuel. It’s an energy-saving program that will more than pay for itself in the first year.
Check out our video to see what happens during a typical energy assessment (audit). Read more below to find out how to get started and if your home qualifies.
How Does the Program Work?
Getting started is easy, just visit the HES Application Form on uinet.com to apply on-line or call 877.WISE.USE (877.947.3873). You will be contacted by a SCG-authorized contractor who will schedule your service. You can also visit EnergizeCT.com to find a contractor in your area.
The service may include:
- A home energy assessment including a blower-door test which pinpoints critical drafts and air leaks. After they are found, the technician will professionally seal them during the visit.
- A duct test to assess air leaks within the ductwork system. The technician will seal those significant leaks.
- Hot water-saving measures including low-flow showerheads and faucet aerators will be installed.
- Installation of energy-efficient light bulbs.
- up to $500 for qualifying central air conditioning systems
- up to $100 for replacement of certain inefficient appliances with qualifying energy-efficient models
- $100 for Wi-Fi thermostats
- up to $1,000 for replacement of inefficient gas furnaces with qualifying gas furnaces
- up to $1,500 for replacement of inefficient gas boilers with qualifying gas boilers
- Incentives for qualifying insulation upgrades of $1.00/sqft or up to 50% of the installed cost
- A “kitchen table wrap-up” where the technician will review the work that was done in your home and tell you about energy saving measures that can help you save energy and money as well as financing to help you make these energy efficiency upgrades
This service is available to SCG customers for a fee* of just $149 if you heat your home with natural gas or electricity or $174 if you heat your home with oil, propane or any other fuel. The fee is collected by the HES Vendor at the time of service.
*Fee subject to change without notice and based on available funding.
You may be eligible for free weatherization services. Visit the Home Energy Solutions - Income Eligible page to see if you qualify.
Customized solutions for multifamily buildings or complexes with five or more units are available through the Multifamily Initiative.
For more information call 877.WISE.USE (877.947.3873).