COVID-19 and Our Response
We are prepared and will continue to provide safe and reliable service
Your safety and the safety of our communities is our priority. As the situation surrounding the coronavirus continues to evolve, we are taking extra measures to ensure the ongoing safety of our customers and employees. And, we are implementing plans to maintain safe, reliable service to you.
In March, in the interest of public safety, we paused most non-emergency work that requires our employees to enter customers’ homes and businesses. As the state reopens, we’re beginning to resume that work, taking measures to work safely and protect our customers and employees. Here’s what you need to know.
If you are experiencing a natural gas emergency, or if you smell a natural gas odor, get up, get out and get away! Then immediately call us at 800.513.8898 or 911 from a safe location.
Maintaining Safe and Reliable Service for You
- Our Comprehensive Emergency Response Plan has been activated - We are committed to maintaining your service.
- Service connections – We have implemented additional safety practices for our crews and will continue to turn on or off your service if you need to move.
Online Account Management Tools
We strongly encourage you to use our digital tools:
Help With Bills
- We have suspended late payment charges.
- We have suspended all disconnections for non-payment.
- We have suspended re-connection fees.
- We have suspended requests for security deposits.
- Please call us if you would like to discuss your account and manage your payments.
- The COVID-19 Payment Program is available to you and offers payment plans up to 24 months, with no down payments, fees or interest is available.
- You may qualify for assistance. Please visit our Help With Bill page or call to learn more.
- Operation Fuel. You can bring emergency assistance to low-income working people, the elderly or the ill who have difficulty paying their energy bills. This non-profit program is funded by state-wide contributions from customers like you.
- Service visits: We have suspended all non-essential work that would require entry into customer homes.
- Pay in Person: We encourage you to pay online. If you must pay in person, please confirm whether locations are open before traveling.
- Energy Efficiency Programs: We have temporarily paused all energy efficiency programs requiring a visit to your home or business.
- Scam Alert: We have recently received reports of scammers attempting to take advantage of the current public health crisis. We urge customers to be on the alert.
Learn more about how to protect yourself from scams.
Report coronavirus fraud and get more info at www.justice.gov/coronavirus.