Updating our computer
system: What You Need to Know
UIL is in process of aligning all of its operating companies
to a new software system in January 2014. This transition starts on Monday, Dec
23 and will conclude on Tuesday, Dec 31.
Here are some important facts for you:
• Customer Care Representatives will respond to emergency
calls, requests to start and stop service as well as billing and payment
• Please continue to pay your bill using your current
method. Always verify with your bank
that your payment was processed.
• Any payments made during the week of December 23 will post
to accounts by January 3, 2014.
• There will be limited information available on our
interactive voice response telephone system.
You can still pay your bill over the phone using this self-service
• Account payments can be made using the “My Account” on the
• Customers who normally receive their monthly invoice
during this time will see a delay in the mailing of their bill.
While there may be some delays during the transition, we
appreciate your patience. The new system will be in place when our
Customer Care Center opens on January 2, 2014.